An issue many people ran into when they began using 1x setups was chain retention with the front chainring. In the beginning of the 1x movement, many companies dealt with this by using aftermarket chain keepers that somehow bolted to the frame. Many people discovered that using a narrow-wide chainring in conjunction with some type of 'clutch' rear derailleur helped abate or eliminate these chain-jumping issues. Narrow-wide rings use alternating tooth profiles that more positively engage the chain and help control a deflecting chain in bumpy conditions. Your friends at Surly have partnered with SRAM to bring you stainless steel X-Sync chainrings. Stainless Steel is durable. This durability is pretty useful when you're talking about the one ring that is bearing the brunt of all your miles.
Surly's Stainless Steel Chainrings last longer than their aluminum brethern because the 304 grade metal they use is 35% stronger. The rings aren't pinned or ramped so when one side starts to wear you can flip it around and pedal some more! They work great with singlespeed, fixed, and 1x9 applications, and the teeth are 2.2 - 2.3mm thick so they work well with wider chains.
$65.00 - $111.00
Shimano XT M8000 11-Speed Chainrings - Chainring BCD: 96 Shimano Asymmetric - Color: Black - Drivetrain Speeds: 11 - Material: Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Inner - Tooth Count: 34
$15.00 - $93.00
Original equipment on SRAM and Truvativ cranks, they also work well with other drivetrains. - Material: Aluminum
The X-SYNC 2 Bosch Direct Mount Chainring is built with the needs of E-MTB riders in mind, and incorporates the same X-SYNC 2 Eagle chain management technology found in every SRAM 1x drivetrain. - Sharp, narrow tooth profile and rounded chamfer edges help manage a deflected chain - Mud-clearing recesses - An integral component of the SRAM 1x drivetrain - Speeds: 12 - Material: Steel
- Better chain engagement for greater chain retention - Special gear teeth profile designed for MTB riding usage - Smoother driving even over bumpy terrain - For XTR FC-M9100-1, M9120-1 cranks
- SRAM X-SYNC wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control - Laser-etched chainring finish is more durable - X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression, so you’re always in the right gear - Improved aerodynamics for time trial and triathlon - Material: Aluminum
X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression, so you're always in the right gear. - Updated tooth profiles for improved wear - One-piece construction for faster, smoother, more secure shifting - More durable finish - Direct Mount - Material: Aluminum
$10.00 - $29.00
Deore M6000 series 10-speed chainrings provide smooth and reliable shifting, ideal for off-road riding conditions. - Shimano HG-X technology - Compatible with 4-arm crank design
Shimano chainrings offer durability and confidence-inspiring performance, and go a long way towards getting a drivetrain back to optimum working condition. - For best shifting performance B-type rings only with B-type rings
Shimano chainrings offer durability and confidence-inspiring performance, and go a long way towards getting a drivetrain back to optimum working condition.
Eagle Technology creates the smoothest, quietest, longest lasting and most efficient drivetrains SRAM has ever made. The radical new look and feel of the X-SYNC 2 Eagle chainring is a direct result of SRAM drivetrain engineers studying the performance and wear characteristics of thousands of X-SYNC chainrings. The longer, positive-rake tooth shape has been designed to work perfectly with Eagle chains to increase chain retention and overall pedaling efficiency, while decreasing friction, noise, and wear. The complete Eagle system—crankset, chainring, chain, shifter, derailleur and cassette—is designed, tested, and proven to deliver the ultimate mountain bike drivetrain. Put simply, Eagle is capable of revolutionizing the ride for all riders on every kind of terrain. - Designed to be used with Eagle chains - Material: Aluminum
$25.00 - $30.00
Shimano XT M8000 11-Speed Chainrings - Chainring BCD: 64 Shimano Asymmetric - Color: Silver - Drivetrain Speeds: 11 - Material: Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Inner
$20.00 - $166.00
Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-Speed Inner Chainrings - Material: Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Inner
$238.00 - $344.00
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 11-Speed Chainrings. - Chainring BCD: 110 Shimano Asymmetric - Color: Silver/Black - Defined Color: Silver - Drivetrain Speeds: 11 - Material: Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Outer
$113.08 - $123.00
- The oversized chainrings are CNC machined 7075 Aluminium blanks—2mm thicker than the competition. - Unparalleled stiffness is delivered by an increased Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) and a two-piece insert-molded carbon composite construction. - The XX Crank geometry provides a narrow 156mm Q factor, efficient chainline, and beveled crank arms to maximize clearance. - X-Glide is the pure science in action common denominator that gives XX its unmatched shifting performance. - 120mm BCD - C-Pin for Cannondale - Short Pin for BB30 - Long Pin for GXP
SRAM's X-Sync Boost Direct Mount Chainring features tall teeth with alternating tooth profiles that hold the chain amazingly well and still provide space for mud to clear. - Chainring BCD: SRAM BB30 Direct Mount, SRAM GXP Direct Mount - Color: Black - Drivetrain Speeds: 10, 11 - Material: Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Chain Retaining Single Ring - Offset: 3mm
Shimano STEPS E8000 chainrings are specially designed for STEPS drivetrain systems. - For use with E-Bike rear derailleur system compatible chain - Chainring for 50mm chain line
$40.00 - $140.00
- X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression, so you're always in the right gear - New tooth profiles for improved wear - More durable finish - 94mm BCD
SRAM's TT Chainrings are stamped from 7075 aluminum for low weight and excellent strength. The teeth are ramped and pinned for precision shifting, too.
$46.99 - $79.99
- Asymmetric four arm shape for greater stiffness in the power zones of the pedal stroke - Compatible with 9/10/11 speed chains, mounts using a common Park BBT-22 tool
- 7075-T6 aluminum ring for Easton Cinch system Road/CX/Gravel cranks - Asymmetric four arm shape for greater stiffness in the power zones of the pedal stroke - Narrow-wide tooth profiling prevents chaindrop with a guide or clutch derailleur - Compatible with 9/10/11 speed chains, mounts using a common Park BBT-22 tool - 47mm chainline with the Easton 129mm spindle - 38T (80g), 40T (91g), 42T (98g), 44T (105g), 46T (112g), 48T (123g), 50T (137g)
$141.00 - $147.00
Top quality design and materials in sizes to fit modern road and 'cross bikes. - 7000 series aluminum provides strength and durability - 52t for use with 36 or 38t - 50t for use with 34t
$82.00 - $99.00
Mud and moving parts are enemies in the sport of cyclocross. That's why SRAM decided they were going to simplify things. Remove the front derailleur, increase the range of the cassette, make dropped chains a thing of the past, and you've got a cross drivetrain worthy of hammering. SRAM's CX1 X-Sync Chain Ring is an integral part of that system. It mates to 110 BCD cranks and features a wide-narrow-wide tooth profile to securely hold the chain through the roughest terrain. It's also specially designed with mud clearing in mind to keep your rig light and fast. A variety of sizes ranging from the spin-to-win 38T to the flat-out 46T let you dial in your rig for your strengths or course.
612 Track rings are the perfect compliment to any 144mm B.C.D. crankset. They are made from 7000 series aluminum and feature a lovely and durable anodized finish. - BCD: 144 - Chain Compatibility: 1/2-inch x 1/8-inch
The Pursuit Special is All-City's addition to the pantheon of high end track chainrings. They were designed in house by track racers for track racers and are optimized for weight, stiffness, and engagement. These beauties are cnc’d in the USA and utilize a proprietary tooth profile for smooth and quiet operation. The 49-52’s utilize a solid body design with reliefs in the back for weight savings, while the 46-48’s have full cutouts. In sticking with the theme of their aluminum track bike, the Thunderdome, All-City named these rings after Mad Max’s car, the Pursuit Special. - Material: 7000 Series Aluminum - Ring Position/Type: Single
$42.00 - $49.00
Tall teeth with alternating tooth profiles hold the chain amazingly well and still provide space for mud to clear. - Full CNC Aluminum rings - Ring Position/Type: Chain Retaining Single Ring - Drivetrain Speeds: 10, 11 - Chainring BCD: 110 SRAM Asymmetric
- For chain and derailleur alignment - 20 per bag
$24.00 - $59.00
Original equipment on SRAM and Truvativ cranks, they also work well with other drivetrains. - 7000 series aluminum provides strength and durability - 130mm BCD
Original equipment on SRAM and Truvativ cranks, these chainrings also work well with other drivetrains.
Page 1 of 5 Next page